Saturday, January 22, 2011

Day 6.

Who I am hates who I've been. You might have heard these words before in a song by Relient K with that title. To me this phrase is talking about my growth as a child of God. Year after year I look over who I have been, what were my goals, and often I see things I am not proud of. Who I have been is not such the best thing, but still I take comfort in the fact that I am not all the way grown yet. Just as a child grows physically, God's children grow spiritually as well. I think God teaches me something in each of my failures, so I am constantly learning what he wants me to be. Obviously he has a plan; he's making me who I am and who I am going to be. But who does he want me to be? Well, as the Bible states, God wants me to mirror Christ (Himself! Isn't it amazing how there can be 3 beings in one?). So as I grow spiritually, I pray that I do hate who I was and instead become who God wants me to be. So that's sorta my thoughts today. :) Also, instead of a picture I got a link for some music!

No comments:

Post a Comment